A very “Good Morning!” from my side of the mic. I hope this finds you well and that you’re in good spirits. This will be my last entry until I get things settled back home on Guam. Continuing from last week’s entry, here are a few things that I’ve been wracking my brain with and would love to share with you.
From “Spoken Word” to “Another Inner Monologue”
As you may already know, most of my posts consist of journal entries, updates, and what I call Spoken Word—keep in mind, I’m a poetry enthusiast okay? 😁 One of the changes that I’ll be making to the site is having a dedicated page for my poetry/creative writing called “Another Inner Monologue“. My plan is to have the audio linked from a podcast that will have all the audio entries. It will make things more convenient for anyone who would like to listen to everything that has been written and recorded already in one place. As for the podcast itself, it’ll be one of the projects I’ll be working on when I get my recording area set up.
Reconstructing the Website
Since there will be a page dedicated to poetry/creative writing, I might as well update everything with the site! There were a few site templates I would love to try out before making one official. I like having things organized and I hope it’ll be easy for you to navigate. The “About Me” page will be updated, there will be a page dedicated to all things Voiceover, and of course a “Journal” page for entries that help break up the monotony of things.
All right, Question time!
Your thoughts and opinions matter to me. I would also like you to know that I am a very easy-going person and will do my best to accommodate you as a reader/listener the best I can. If you’re not comfortable sharing your thoughts in the Comments section, you can always email me via the Contact page. There’s even a disclaimer that any messages exchanged through there will not be shared with anyone or shared on the site without consent/approval from both parties.
Since I’m not big on social media, this site has been my go-to for everything! Just keep that in mind as you read through the questions I have laid out.
1) Are the posts balanced enough or is there something you would like to see more of? Would you like more Poetry/Creative writing? Perhaps life on the island? Or did you have something on your mind you would like to read/listen to?
2) How would you feel about collaborations? I’ve done a few spoken word collabs on my old poetry blog and thought maybe you’d like to hear someone different other than me—even I get tired of hearing myself talk! 🤣 If you’re answer is yes, I’ll be more than happy to reach out to some of the poetry writers I know and ask if they’ll work with me again.
3) If you’re familiar with my work, I mainly write about love and loss. Would you like something more upbeat? Or something out of the ordinary that pertains to poetry?
4) I’m a big fan of background music in my audio entries. I do all the editing (in-house) and it may distract some listeners from what’s being spoken. Do you like the music or are they overwhelming?
5) And finally, do you have any personal thoughts or opinions that you would like to add?
Take your time answering the questions. It’s not a MUST ANSWER NOW kind of thing. Plus, it will give me a lot of time to brew my thoughts a little more and I’ll be ready to incorporate your ideas when they come in.
That does it for me my friend. I’ll be spending the rest of the week with my son before I leave this Saturday. Wherever you are, I wish you the best and I hope that you have a great week and month ahead of you! Until next time…